Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Do you believed that earth is flat?
I have seen many claims and theory about earth's status that, it is a flat. What do you think about it?

I am open about the topic, our common knowledge was earth is round. No such claim, in history, would impact human, as other people try to figure it out, and test the common expiriment. Although, it seems convincing, I still grasping of overall logic. In google's dictionary term. Earth should be curve atleast 4.7 km without standing in high ground.

In google's dictionary fom NASA it stated like this;

"For an observer standing on the ground with h = 1.70 metres (5 ft 7 in) (average eye-level height), the horizon is at a distance of 4.7 kilometres (2.9 mi). For an observer standing on the ground with h = 2 metres (6 ft 7 in), the horizon is at a distance of 5 kilometres (3.1 mi)"

So, that is the line of sight of human, if a person standing in the ground, but in high ground with 100 feet, would limit only in 19km, not counted the human eye processing how far he can see.
Google's meaning came from NASA;

For an observer on the ground with eye level at h = 5 ft 7 in (1.70 m), the horizon is at a distance of 2.9 miles (4.7 km). For an observer standing on a hill or tower 100 feet (30 m) in height, the horizon is at a distance of 12.2 miles (19.6 km).

But what happens was there's once an expririment of flat earth community. They even stand at 700 feet, the farthest of view of telescope would up to 600 km. who knows?
I do not believe the earth is flat. You can see the earth from space looking like a ball. I mean honestly, this sounds a bit like a theory that the people in the Middle Ages believed. I am not sure what the calculations have to do with it, when this theory was discredited many, many years ago.
For once, I thought to agree about the claims about the world isn't round its flat and some say that we're being controlled and other say there's a dome like invisible ceiling and claims that they've seen rocket hit this invisible ceiling. And now. It made me think twice that this theory was nothing but just a mere theory.
Oh my goodness. Haha. If the Earth is flat then the solar system is flat and the universe is flat? If the Earth is flat then why aren't people falling at the end of the horizon or whatever you call that? Lol. I did not expect to see this topic again here. Big Grin But this is really fun you know. Having people convince one another that the Earth is flat and all. We should be thankful to the gravity.
I believed so when I was still a child but it made me curious as to how day and night works. It was by grade school that I learned that we actually live on a planet revolving around the sun. I do not know how else this world works if it isn't round. It interests me too to read about theories on how the Earth is flat and everyone is deceived to think that it isn't.
When they say the Earth is flat do they mean it's a flat piece of paper floating in space or do they think the bottom of the universe is a flat Earth?

However, though, even the logic above is stupid because obviously if you're an American traveling to China, if you keep going past China, eventually you will end up in America.
This is also quite the interesting theory, however it's not really plausible, I mean there is the chance that everything we know is being controlled by an organisation so we think that the earth is round for whatever reason ? However, the chances are slim to none, there's already too much information and ways to look at other planets and Earth from a different perspective that allows us to debunk this theory.
(08-28-2017, 12:24 PM)Fyrend Wrote: Oh my goodness. Haha. If the Earth is flat then the solar system is flat and the universe is flat? If the Earth is flat then why aren't people falling at the end of the horizon or whatever you call that? Lol. I did not expect to see this topic again here. Big Grin But this is really fun you know. Having people convince one another that the Earth is flat and all. We should be thankful to the gravity.

I did a little bit of reading and found out that "Flat Earthers" think of Earth as like a pizza, with Antarctica as the "crust" going around the edge of Earth. No one falls off the edge because no one's allowed on Antarctica. Yes, you could easily point out that people are definitely allowed, but Flat Earthers will return with "yes, but only a small area and never close to the edge". I'm lost on their reason for believing why we're being fed the "Round Earth Theory" to begin with. I'm pretty sure NASA just wants to explore space and make cool discoveries. I really don't think they're trying to pull the wool over our eyes.
I really don't understand how can people still believe the earth is flat.. It was normal to believe this theory in the Middle Ages because you didn't have the technology to visualize the universe, much less going to space. This is not plausible at all, we have seen the real shape of the earth for a long time. If they say that's a lie, then what are the benefits of telling us this lie? I don't really see a difference in controlling us or on people's thoughts if some think the earth is flat or round.
The idea that people in Medieval times believed the Earth was flat isn't true. People knew the Earth was round waaaaay back when and even used math to accurately measure the circumference of the Earth. They weren't 100% right in their calculations, but they came extremely close. No one really believed the Earth was flat. Columbus certainly wasn't the guy to figure it out. It was figured out long before he was born.

[-]
Quick Reply

Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]
Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)