Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Do you believed that earth is flat?
Now that you mentioned it, you got me thinking, the earth being round is one of those facts that we accept without actually checking if it's true or false, it would be too expensive, and few have even checked the calculations, I have could get me head around the big blue planet floating in the void.
Absolutely earth is a round shape it will never be a flat because it will appeare automaticaly in the scientific observation and there are many scientist proven that they used satelite just to see the condition of our earth everyday.
I never for once believed that the earth is flat not because of what the old church once said which science later proved to be wrong, but because of the fact that you can't just lay claims to what you have not experimented with.

The early church simply came to a conclusion considering the fact that we have the sky and we are all beneath the sky which is flat wherever you take a look of it. But what they never did was trying to travel round the universe to prove that there is a point one can reach and you will fall off the flat earth, yea, that was how that ridiculous claim of earth being flat looked to me. 

I commend scientists for taking out time to go round the earth and rubbish the claims, made by the early church, of the flat nature of earth
This question is answered long time ago. The earth is proven to be sphere and it is validated by concrete evidence and and statements. This theory commonly spread in middle age. In this time people don't have any equipments that can support their theories. They only base it on the statements they gather that maybe false. As time pass by, the people know the truth by the help of technology and able to confirm that the earth is not flat.
I can't say that this is a hilarious thing to ask. Unless, you have really orbitted the earth or the universe rather. There are already technologies that would help in supporting that the earth it round. We can't blame the people before that they believed the earth is flat.

I can't say that this is a hilarious thing to ask. Unless, you have really orbitted the earth or the universe rather. There are already technologies that would help in supporting that the earth it round. We can't blame the people before that they believed the earth is flat.
I most definitely do not believe that the Earth is flat. I think that every plane ride I have ever taken has proven this to me. When I flew to Japan, I could actually see the curvature of the Earth, it seemed, at one point. I think that the flat Earth theorists make a lot of compelling points, and this is a highly and hotly debated topic; however, I just can't buy into it based upon the counter-evidence aagoust it. Also, it goes against all of the theories of spiraling planet formation which results in spheres. Furthermore, why would scientinst and governents lie to us about a flat Earth for hundred of years? What would be the point in any of that?
Sure it's flat, why would anyone believe the crap NASA is feeding them? Open your eyes, sheeple! It's easy to just trust your teachers and parents, but if you actually start investigating all this stuff you will - and I guarantee, WILL - see yourself that what you've been told is a total lie! I have some images to 100% prove that Earth is flat, but I'm not sure if I can post them here just yet being a new member.

But the time will come...
Those were the days. When people thought that the earth is flat. Before the enovation of science we know little of the world we live in. But as inventions and discoveries unfold we slowly learn and understand life and its existence. That would include the shape of the earth. Theories maybe very evident but after man was able to travel to space and see the beauty of the planets and the stars around. That puts and end to the debate of whether earth is flat or round. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(09-06-2017, 11:25 AM)jojo_12345 Wrote: That puts and end to the debate of whether earth is flat or round. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

No, no it doesn't. Were you up there? I highly doubt you were! So how could you trust people claiming to "know" that the Earth is round? Because they say so? You do understand that they're employed by NASA, right? I could never trust a person like that, because it's very obvious that they're just pushing the narrative they're being paid for, so I see absolutely no reason for the small guy like me to believe any of their crazy stories - especially when I can use my own two eyes to prove them wrong!
I tihnk earth being flat is not a good theory to put in. The reason being the horizon vs the flatness is something you can easily disaporove. Also if you use drone or the satellite you can get the idea of where thigns can be going wrong. I personally think that people should understand what it takes to travel from one continent to another. Because if flat theory would be true, there would be no issues with the theory there. 

Another thing is that we have to consider how the people travelling and communicating changes the timezone. Because earth were to be square shaped or flat, you'd never have different timezones. And that's what is making it harder to believe in this type of the theory. That's what I feel.

[-]
Quick Reply

Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]
Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)