Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weekly Topic: Project Grill Flame: Governments use of Psychics
09/06-09/13 Weekly Discussion Topic
Project Grill Flame
Governments use of Psychics
A psychic is a person who claims to use extrasensory perception (ESP) to identify information hidden from the normal senses.
[Image: 1504712402_eZdlH1iqJUvj9oi.png]

The dozens of American diplomats taken hostage by revolutionary students who seized the U.S. Embassy in Iran in 1979 might have had some secret company during their 15-month captivity: U.S. intelligence agencies had a squad of military-trained psychics using ESP to watch them, according to declassified documents in a newly avaliable CIA database.

In an operation code-named Grill Flame, half a dozen psychics working inside a dimly lit room in an ancient building in Fort Meade, Maryland, on more than 200 occasions tried to peer through theether to see where the hostages were being held, how closely they were guarded and the state of their health.Officially, the psychics worked for U.S. Army intelligence. But the documents in the CIA database make it clear their efforts were monitored — and supported — by a wide array of government intelligence agencies as well as top commanders at the Pentagon.They were even consulted before the super-secret U.S. military raid that attempted to free the hostages in April 1980, which ended in disaster when a plane and a helicopter collided at a desert staging area.

Operation Grill Flame was just one part of a broader U.S. intelligence project involving psychics and ESP that continued for 20 years. It went through as many as 10 different code names as its management shifted from agency to agency — though it was mostly supervised by Army intelligence and the Defense Intelligence Agency — and carried out 26,000 telepathic forays by 227 psychics before the government shut it down in 1995.Scores of documents in the CIA database trace its history and its involvement in everything from searches for missing aircraft to tracking shipments of illegal drugs. Established in 1975 after a series of more fleeting encounters between the intelligence community and the parapsychological world, the program was originally more of a research project than a spy mission, one of the odder parts of the perpetual arms race of the Cold War.

“Successful remote viewers tend to be confident, outgoing, adventurous, broadly successful individuals with some artistic bent,” an Army colonel who managed Grill Flame said in a briefing on the program’s history that was widely delivered to top echelons of the Pentagon and civilian intelligence agencies in 1982 and 1983. (A transcript is among the documents
on the CIA database.)
Feel free to discuss
I have heard many theories about the government's use of psychics, especially the C.I.A.'s remote viewing projects during the Cold War. I have often wondered how successful these projects were, if at all, and I was recently reminded of them while watching the series "Stranger Things". Sensitives and psychics would definitely make incredible spies, and their contribution to the intelligence and espionage departments would, of course, be invaluable if they could actually utilize such abilities with accuracy, consistency, and dependability. I wonder if we could actually depend on the info they find with any lasting credibility. What if their visions were not complete, clear, or true? We could get into some bad situations if we do not interpret their information properly.
I believed they do exist. Because there's another occasions that, even in our level of normal sense is still lack to interpret on it. I mean, when people have it's own specialty. In the past, I don't really understand why it's work, and how. I just simply do a lot of research, and find way to understand with explanation. I believed it does exist, everything we think about our reality.

I often times, tried to make a cross reference with resource person, just to clarify my question about ESP abilities. I still don't understand the way people work on it. If that ability works, I believed when we meet aliens. It will just a common thing to them about ESP, maybe they name it in another form.
Honestly this is the first time i've heard about this. But if it's true i think it's great. It would be a perfect way for the people with this ability to use it in a greater value. More cases can be solved and their power can be used to save lives. It's a great help to the authority too, they'll make their work easier.
I find it awkward as to why such an operation existed in the past, I just feel as though the military funds could have been applied towards more effective programs to lets say develop ways to increase stealth when it comes to espionage such as technological advancements. In my opinion relying on one's psychic ability for information wouldn't be an  effective military tactic.  Though I've watched a few criminal case TV series wherein a psychic was able to somewhat describe what happened during the night of a homicide I always thought they were somewhat "Staged".  Big Grin
(09-06-2017, 01:14 PM)exodus863 Wrote: I find it awkward as to why such an operation existed in the past, I just feel as though the military funds could have been applied towards more effective programs to lets say develop ways to increase stealth when it comes to espionage such as technological advancements. In my opinion relying on one's psychic ability for information wouldn't be an  effective military tactic.  Though I've watched a few criminal case TV series wherein a psychic was able to somewhat describe what happened during the night of a homicide I always thought they were somewhat "Staged".  Big Grin
I agree. Out of all the weird things the U.S. military has done, I still can barely believe that several department officials looked at the proposal for projects like this, saw the word "psychic" over and over, and thought to themselves, "Yes. This definitely seems like an actual, plausible military strategy." That's crazy to me. It also doesn't help that no psychic has ever been able to reliably demonstrate their skills beyond things like chance and cold-reading techniques. That's my issue with high-visibility ESP practitioners in general. They either avoid proving their skills or move the goalposts like redefining their failures as convoluted successes.

[-]
Quick Reply

Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]
Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)