Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Movies mentioning conspiracy theories?
Hi, I was wondering if you can recommend any movies that mention any "conspiracy theories" that are interesting? I think the most popular movie is The Matrix (with humans living in a matrix which is like a simulation). The Matrix has always been one of my favorite movies and I love movies that really make you think about some theories that at first seem crazy but then you see that they might be true.
I think there are plenty of movies such as that showing multiple of the conspiracy theories. If you have seen "southbound". You'd find out how the movie shows plenty of concepts. For example it shows the minions of satan from hell. It has the concept of the cthulu and the selnder man in it too. And it does also cover most of the paranormal conspiracies. Though it takes time to connect most of the stories in it. But it does make you think a lot in order to understand how the stories in general go along that line. I think if you watch that movie you'd have to rewatch to understand.
The Conspiracy was a movie I found on Netflix (US) a while back and it was pretty entertaining, but while it had some mentions of real life conspiracies, it veered off into a fictional secret society. The movie is shot like a documentary/found-footage video, so if you're not into shaky camera work then it might not be for you.
(08-28-2017, 10:20 AM)overcast Wrote: I think there are plenty of movies such as that showing multiple of the conspiracy theories. If you have seen "southbound". You'd find out how the movie shows plenty of concepts. For example it shows the minions of satan from hell. It has the concept of the cthulu and the selnder man in it too. And it does also cover most of the paranormal conspiracies. Though it takes time to connect most of the stories in it. But it does make you think a lot in order to understand how the stories in general go along that line. I think if you watch that movie you'd have to rewatch to understand.

I watched this movie recently, but honestly I found it all a tremendous mess.  Dodgy

The stories in an isolated way work relatively well (some are better written than others), but when the third act arrives and tries to explain the connection between them, it messes up the whole movie.

It's really disappointing.
I remember in high school our history teacher showed us this movie called JFK, which chronicled the life of the lawyer who first pushed the JFK assassination conspiracy theory. It was honestly pretty good but I personally find its claims dubious. You might find it a good watch.
(08-27-2017, 03:21 PM)felabruno Wrote: Hi, I was wondering if you can recommend any movies that mention any "conspiracy theories" that are interesting? I think the most popular movie is The Matrix (with humans living in a matrix which is like a simulation). The Matrix has always been one of my favorite movies and I love movies that really make you think about some theories that at first seem crazy but then you see that they might be true.

STAR WARS - Obi Wan Kenobi is a robot clone Star Wars theories may litter the dark corners of the internet but have you heard the one about Alec Guinness’ “OB-1” Kenobi actually being a numbered cyborg clone of Ewan Macgregor’s original Ben Kenobi? Ryan Parsons of CanMag says he was artificially created to fight in the Clone Wars, before fleeing to Tatooine and assuming Ben’s identity.
A very good movie related to the theme conspiracy theory is "The Pelican Brief" (directed by Alan J. Pakula and starring by Denzel Washington and Julia Roberts).

The script is very interesting (despite some not so good moments, which doesn't compromise the quality of the story), the direction is very good and the cast is sensational.
I like "the girl on the train". It is a good movie at first you think you know how is going to end but then something suddenly happens and the plot changes a lot. I watched it at the cinema and I really like it. You should watch it I can assure you that you won't regret it. If you know any other conspiracy movies that you liked it. Can you tell me? I like this kind of movies.
I have watched "Dark Zero Thirty" a movie about Osama Bin Laden being hunted by the US government. This story is about the woman who was able to gather information and found the place where the Leader of terrorist Osama Bin Laden hiding. It is a very interesting movie where they actually showed how the US government look or hunt terrorist people who endangers a lot of people. It was a conspiracy to me since there are secret agents in other country who was gathering and looking for a most wanted and dangerous man.
(09-06-2017, 11:03 AM)pizzalover Wrote: I like "the girl on the train". It is a good movie at first you think you know how is going to end but then something suddenly happens and the plot changes a lot. I watched it at the cinema and I really like it. You should watch it I can assure you that you won't regret it. If you know any other conspiracy movies that you liked it. Can you tell me? I like this kind of movies.

A few months ago I read the book, and recently I watched the movie. I think the book can be more interesting overall. The movie is very good (has great sequences that the book can't reproduce so well), but I think the focus the story in a few moments is lost.

However, it stills manages to capture the tension present in the book.

[-]
Quick Reply

Smilies
Smile Wink Cool Big Grin
Tongue Rolleyes Shy Sad
At Angel Angry Blush
Confused Dodgy Exclamation Heart
Huh Idea Sleepy Undecided
[get more]
Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)